We’re here to take the headache out of shipping online. We’ve gone through all of the user reviews and have come up with our roundup to help make your choice easier. With so many options available to consumers, it’s more important than ever to have a list that you can trust!
The Best Tenkara Rod for Beginners – Our Official Roundup
- FLY ROD: 12', 9 sections, IM8 graphite, Tenkara rod. Has removable, laser etched butt cap to remove rod sections, 9 3/4” long cork handle. Includes plug to place in rod when sections are collapsed for storage. Collapsed length is 19 3/4” long. Rod weight is 3 ounces.
- TENKARA LINES: 10 1/2’ chartreuse, furled nylon line with metal ring to attach tippet (qty. 1), 11' blue PVC floating line with welded loop for tippet (qty. 1) and 15' olive PVC floating line with polyester furled level line with metal ring to attach tippet (qty. 1). FOAM LINE STORAGE SPOOL: qty1; LINE STORAGE CLIPS: with o-rings for mounting to rod, qty 2; TIPPET SPOOL: 5X, 4.4lb. test, 30 meters
- ROD CASE: 22” hard tube rod case. Case has a carry strap and hang ring
- FLY BOX: Waterproof, Floating, 5.25" x 3.5" x 1.25", custom box & foam design, holds up to 372 flies. FLIES: Total 12 flies; Black Sakasa Kebari, size 12 (qty2), Olive Sakasa Kebari, size 12 (qty2), Tan Killer Kebari, size 12 (qty2), Black Killer Kebari, size 12 (qty2), Hi-Vis Orange Indicator Kebari (qty2), size 12, & Tan Hen & Hound, size 12 (qty2) ACCESSORIES: retractable reel (qty1), line nipper with nail knot tying tool and hook eye cleaner (qty1), & plastic protective rod topper (qty. 1).
- WHERE USED: This package is best suited for trout, panfish, small to medium streams, ponds, and backpacking. CUSTOMER SERVICE: Wild Water has English speaking, USA customer service and product support. We design our own products. We fly fish with our own products. We are always happy to answer any questions about your order. We can answer any technical questions about your product or fix any issue you may encounter from our USA headquarters.
- 6:4 SOFT ACTION - The action of the HYDRA rod is much softer than our other rods; It has a deeper flex profile that gives it an upgraded casting feel and better distributes the bend of the rod; Performs well with both level and furled lines
- GET A GRIP - An ergonomically designed handle fits the hand comfortably and reduces hand fatigue to give you more casting control; Shape allows you to hold the both the upper and lower handle to fit your preference or situation
- STEALTH & STYLE - The matte black color keeps the rod from reflecting sun and possibly alerting fish of your presence; Despite being matte black, this rod is very appealing to the eyes and has a quality finish
- VERSATILE FOR BEGINNERS - The HYDRA is a great choice for beginners looking for a quality rod to fit many situations; Telescoping zoom feature is like getting two rods for the cost of one
- DREAMY FOR SEASONED ANGLERS - Even experienced Tenkara fishers enjoy the soft cast and delicate action of the HYDRA zx390; It's the perfect rod for fishing light level line
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Clemens, Dale P. (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 652 Pages - 04/09/2013 (Publication Date) - Skyhorse (Publisher)
- Make sure the size is appropriate before buying. The fishing rod is 15”/38cm long when it is in contraction and 8.85ft/2.7M long after extension
- Package includes: 2 pack of telescopic pole fishing rod
- Ultra-premium-grade cork grip; special design on handle, let you more comfortable when fishing
- Made of glass fiber reinforced plastics, reliability can stand test, used by professionals worldwide
- A useful tool to help you catch the fish you want. The process is hopeful because the results are unknown. GOOD LUCK!
- 21.5inches Collapsible Length - makes it easy to put the rod into your bag and effortless to carry.
- 30T Carbon Fiber – make the rod light while strong enough, allows the rod be able to handle medium sized fish - even with larger fish like trout .
- AAA Grade 11.9' Cork Grip – makes it more comfortable to hold the handle.
- 7:3 Action and 9 segments – allow the tenkara rod gives a lot of play while is strong enough to give the angler the chance to fight with large fishes.
- "Package Includes: 12FT Tenkara Rod *1 , 12FT Tenkara Furl leader *1 , 5X Fluorocarbon Tippet *1 , Fly box with 12 flies *1 , Hook keeper *2"
- READY TO GO TENKARA – the everything you need to go Tenkara. Include the rod, line, tenkara flies and accessories all you may use
- SIX Models Tenkara Rod – 4 length of rods from 10ft to 13ft. and 2 Triple zoom rods to meet the need of all kind of fishing environment
- LIGHT WEIGHT with PRECISE ACTION – IM8+10 Carbonfiber material allows the rod to be extremely light while staying strong enough to put up a fight – even with larger fish like trout
- SPECIAL DESIGNED TENKARA FLIES – Tied on a high quality size #10 or #12 hook. The selection is from the most popular and field tested workable flies
- ALL ACCESSORIES NEEDED - Hand-woven furled gold color tenkara fishing line and clear monofilament tippet line. Waterproof, Floating Fly Box, hook keepers, retractable zinger and line nipper tool
- Chouinard, Yvon (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 144 Pages - 01/15/2019 (Publication Date) - Patagonia (Publisher)
- FLY ROD: 3/4 weight, 7', 4 Piece, medium-fast action, IM8 matte black graphite. Has machined black aluminum reel seat with double lock rings and laser etched butt cap, 7” long, Western style cork handle with compressed cork accent rings, stainless steel stripper guide with silicon carbide rings, stainless single foot guides and tip top. Each section is 22..5” long. Rod weight is 2.9 ounces.
- ROD CASE: 26.25” hard tube rod case with, reel pouch and side storage pouch with zipper. The case will hold rod, reel, fly box and all the accessories. Case has a carry strap and hang ring. Rod Bag: 4-section cloth rod bag with ties. Fly rod is placed in the bag before storing in the tube for the best protection.
- FLY REEL: 75mm diameter spool, die cast aluminum, adjustable disc drag. Comes preinstalled with chartreuse, WF3-F, weight forward 3, floating fly line, 20# orange backing and 7.5’ 5X tapered monofilament leader. All Wild Water fly reels are easily changed from left to right hand retrieve. Reel will come in left hand retrieve.
- FLY BOX: Waterproof, Floating, 5.25" x 3.5" x 1.25", custom box design, custom foam design, holds up to 372 flies. FLIES: 9 flies total; size 12, foam beetle (qty.3); size 12,tungsten bead head green tinsel nymph (qty. 3); size 12, no hackle tan caddis (qty. 3) SPARE LEADER: 7.5’ 5X tapered monofilament leader, qty. 1 ACCESSORIES: retractable reel (qty. 1), line nipper with nail knot tying tool and hook eye cleaner (qty. 1) and printed instruction manual.
- WHERE USED: This package is best suited for trout, panfish, small bass, small streams, ponds, and backpacking. CUSTOMER SERVICE: Wild Water has English speaking, USA customer service and product support. We design our own products. We fly fish with our own products. We are always happy to answer any questions about your order. We can answer any technical questions about your product or fix any issue you may encounter from our USA headquarters.
- EASY-TO-USE: The famous Zebco 202 spincast combo features a 5-foot 6-inch 2-piece fishing pole, size 30 fishing reel and 27-piece tackle kit. You will be ready to hit the water with the patented no-tangle design and simple push-button mechanics for ease of use making this reel great for both beginners and experienced anglers
- 27-PIECE TACKLE KIT: The tackle pack comes as a complete set ensuring you are ready to go catch your prize fish right away and includes 6 hooks, 6 split-shot sinkers, 3 swimbaits, 3 jig heads, 6 curly-tail grubs, 1 spinner attachment, and 2 bobbers
- SMOOTH PERFORMANCE: The size 30 spincast reel is constructed with all-metal gears, a 2.8:1 gear ratio and a stainless steel pick-up pin for a silky smooth yet durable performance. Featuring a dial-adjustable drag and QuickSet anti-reverse to stop your handle from moving backward and create a solid hookset in the mouth of a fish when reeling in your catch. The right-hand reel is pre-spooled with 10-pound Cajun fishing line so you can start your fishing adventure sooner
- EXPERTLY DESIGNED: Dependable and designed to last, the 202 spincast combo was expertly designed. A great all-purpose fishing set-up, the easy-casting spincast reel is custom-matched to a durable fiberglass rod to help you to reel in the big ones all day long
- TRUSTED: Since 1949, Zebco has been inviting people to explore the outdoors. Zebco products are warranted for a period of (1) year from date of original retail purchase against defects in workmanship and/or materials
- Lyons Press
- Kelleher MD MD, Kevin C (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 160 Pages - 03/01/2011 (Publication Date) - Lyons Press (Publisher)
What To Know Before Shopping For The Best Tenkara Rod for Beginners
Our Preferred Shopping Partner – You’ll notice that as you click on the products on our lists that youll be taken to the largest online retailer in the world. We chose Amazon as our product partner because of it’s brand recognition, and great customer service. You wont have to worry about getting an inauthentic Tenkara Rod for Beginners when you purchase through our website.
Pricing – We always consider pricing, and work to provide you the best seling items, at the best prices, however we do not control the prices of items on our shopping partners. We work to make it easy for you to click through and find the latest, most up to date prices.
Consider Your Specific Application – Make sure that you are shopping for your specific needs. What is best for one person may not always be best for you. Don’t let a lower price on an item put you off, if that item has the features and design that are best suited for you.
Ratings and Reviews – Sorting through hundreds of reviews is both time consuming, and taxing! We’ve already done that, and taken the tough work out of shopping so that you are left with a list of the best selling, best reviewed Tenkara Rod for Beginners to choose from. You can also easily click through and see al of the reviews on our shopping partner’s website
How To Chose The Right Tenkara Rod for Beginners For You
There’s a ton of choices for just about anything you shop for, so what should you actually be considering? In addition to the aforementioned attention to your specific needs, there’s really only a few considerations – price, quality/dependibility, and the reviews of your peers. If you can find items that meet your needs, are priced in your range, and have reviews that showcase the quality, then you should feel confident in making your purchase!
Is Buying a Tenkara Rod for Beginners Really Worth It?
The one thing we can’t do, is choose for you. We feel that if an item made one of our lists, it has merit as something that is “worth it”, as long as it meets your needs, and fits inside your pricerange. We’re here to give you the best possible choices, and while we feel it’s definitely worth it, we want you to as well.
Is The Most Expensive Tenkara Rod for Beginners Always The best?
We covered a bit of this earlier, and the answer is no, because often, there is no “best”, but only a “best” for you! You need to decide which product has the best chance of making your life easier and meeting your needs, regardless of price.
Our goal is simply to help you make better shopping choices, and we hope that our list and advice do just that. We are here to empower you, the consumer, with the right knowledge, and the right items to get the job done. We’re here to be the expert in your corner and hope to be able to provide you with an excellent shopping experience. If there is anything we can do to make your life easier, please let us know!